SHOWERS:
I'm getting excited for my baby showers coming up! I registered at Babies R Us and Target. I was really amazed at the things one or the other DIDN'T have and how different the model/pattern selections were at each store. I put a few of the same things on both lists, it is too hard to make decisions as to which store I prefer people buy it at. I have heard that you get a discount off anything not purchased on your registry, so I am still searching for things to add. I am hoping people buy from the registry, I went to a lot of trouble picking things out and was really specific with colors and gender-neutral items. I know everyone is going to buy me whatever the heck they want, that just drives me crazy! Stick to the list people! That's why it's there! (I'm not a control freak, shut up!)
Bloomington shower is April 10th.
Houston shower is May 1st.
(if you didn't get an invite email me, everyone is welcome and my brain is fried so I may have forgotten some peeps)
NO SHOWERS:
I have never before in my life wanted it to RAIN. Ever. I hate rain. I hate walking in it, I hate it being gloomy outside, I don't garden, Raider gets muddy, people can't drive in it, it floods here, etc. etc. But now that I am home alone and in charge of the yard, I need it to rain. The sprinkler system broke in the freeze we had here this winter (a very unusual occurrence) so I am unable to use it. It will cost $200++ to fix and Scott says that is insane. If you had driven by my house last night at 6pm, you would have seen pregnant me, standing in the yard watering it with the hose. I put fertilizer on the yard (another hilarious spectacle) so I HAD to water last night and really should tonight too. It was a sight I am sure. And I know I didn't get it wet enough. I can't decide whether it's worth it to dig the old fashioned sprinklers out of the shed or not. The lock on the shed could keep out Jack Bauer and its really hot and gross in there. And then you get sprayed inevitably when moving the sprinkler and ugh, I really don't want to mess with any of it at all. I'm thinking the neighbors might do it for me. They are too nice for their own good...
Oh, and Raider was in the house running from window to window the whole time, freaking out that I was leaving him. He wants it to rain too.
I'm getting excited for my baby showers coming up! I registered at Babies R Us and Target. I was really amazed at the things one or the other DIDN'T have and how different the model/pattern selections were at each store. I put a few of the same things on both lists, it is too hard to make decisions as to which store I prefer people buy it at. I have heard that you get a discount off anything not purchased on your registry, so I am still searching for things to add. I am hoping people buy from the registry, I went to a lot of trouble picking things out and was really specific with colors and gender-neutral items. I know everyone is going to buy me whatever the heck they want, that just drives me crazy! Stick to the list people! That's why it's there! (I'm not a control freak, shut up!)
Bloomington shower is April 10th.
Houston shower is May 1st.
(if you didn't get an invite email me, everyone is welcome and my brain is fried so I may have forgotten some peeps)
NO SHOWERS:
I have never before in my life wanted it to RAIN. Ever. I hate rain. I hate walking in it, I hate it being gloomy outside, I don't garden, Raider gets muddy, people can't drive in it, it floods here, etc. etc. But now that I am home alone and in charge of the yard, I need it to rain. The sprinkler system broke in the freeze we had here this winter (a very unusual occurrence) so I am unable to use it. It will cost $200++ to fix and Scott says that is insane. If you had driven by my house last night at 6pm, you would have seen pregnant me, standing in the yard watering it with the hose. I put fertilizer on the yard (another hilarious spectacle) so I HAD to water last night and really should tonight too. It was a sight I am sure. And I know I didn't get it wet enough. I can't decide whether it's worth it to dig the old fashioned sprinklers out of the shed or not. The lock on the shed could keep out Jack Bauer and its really hot and gross in there. And then you get sprayed inevitably when moving the sprinkler and ugh, I really don't want to mess with any of it at all. I'm thinking the neighbors might do it for me. They are too nice for their own good...
Oh, and Raider was in the house running from window to window the whole time, freaking out that I was leaving him. He wants it to rain too.


No comments:
Post a Comment