Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 19, 2010

Post-Plano Download

Well I am finally getting around to telling you about my trip to Plano last weekend. Ok, here goes.

So Friday I left work at 1pm, went home and got everything together. Took Raider to the kennel. A new kennel, which makes me very nervous and he was of course shaking and whining and thought I was abandoning him. I got on the road at 3:25pm headed North. Apparently 4 million other people thought that was a superb time to leave Houston as well. I sat in traffic for almost an hour and didn't make it too far at all. Decided I would brave the crowd and stop at Buckee's to go potty. I didnt have to wait in line at all! Traffic was ok after that. When I got closer to Dallas and finally saw the skyline I got a little sad and freaked out that I was leaving Houston behind. I was torn. (and Ray was in Houston so that didnt help). Traffic through downtown wasnt too bad, but I swear their freeway lanes are smaller than ours. My back was killing me about 2 hours into the trip until I got there. I definitely felt more pregnant after that drive. And won't be making it too many more times. I really thought it wouldn't be a big deal. Wrong! I finally got to Scott's hotel about 7:15pm. He has a really nice room with a full kitchen and couch and the whole deal. Its a new hotel so everything is still clean and not gross. We immediately went to Steak n Shake! Yum! Then to walmart for some (and when I say some I mean we didnt even need a cart) groceries.

Saturday we got up and had the hotel breakfast buffet. It wasnt too bad! I ate as much as possible. Free food is the best food in my opinion. Then we went and met with our Realtor. She drove us to 12 different homes in McKinney. It was a bright sunny day and I had a great time. McKinney is a really great place, we are excited to live there. For lunch we stopped at a local burger place she recommended and were just falling in love with McKinney. We finished looking at houses around 3 and went back to the hotel to take a nap. Then Scott researched pizza places and we went out for pizza. The place was AMAZING. Top 3 best pizzas we have ever had. McKinney is a done deal, we love the food! Oh, and there was a Marble Slab next door so of course we had ice cream!

We planned to go to church on Sunday but slept in instead. Neither of us had slept in in 2 weeks or more, so it was needed. We missed free breakfast however so we went to Denny's. Can I just say that this was the most amazing Denny's on the planet??! The staff was SO nice. And not irritating fake nice, but really nice and glad to be of service. They were busy but they were moving people through. And it was clean in there. We will definitely go back. (this one was in Plano, but another point for Dallas eateries) Then we went apartment looking around Plano. We decided it was smarter to be close to Scott's office than to be in McKinney for the first few months. The whole area is really nice and kinda all runs together, so it wont be any big deal to drive to McKinney and explore. After stopping at 3 different places and not really liking what they had available April 1st, we randomly turned down a different street and found a great looking place. Scott thought it was townhomes, but my phone said apartments so we went in just for the heck of it. We signed the application about 30 minutes later. I am currently waiting for the lease to come in the mail. We loved it! They had a first floor unit available and it comes with a garage! Sold! We got a 6 month lease so we wont have to worry about moving July 1st. (due date July 2nd) Originally we thought a 3 month lease would be fine. Yeah, glad we stopped to think that one through. I left Dallas about 4:30 on Sunday and got home around 7:30. It was very lonely and creepy without Raider in the house. I picked him up at 7am on Monday morning, and he wasn't losing hair, freaking out or looking stressed out. He loved the new kennel! A great end to a good trip.

And now we begin the process of dividing up towels, dishes, furniture, etc for Scott to take to the apartment on April 3rd. He is coming home this weekend to help with that. Then we are hoping friends or family can drive up the stuff on the 3rd to him, so he doesnt have to make a round trip drive in one day. Since it is Easter weekend, that is still a little up in the air. This all means we will be moving 3 times instead of one, but oh well. (house to apt, house to storage unit, storage unit/apt to house) We plan to stay in this house for a long time to make up for it.

No comments: